Tuesday 6 March 2012

Under Sink Storage

I'm sorry if this topic seems mundane, but today I have been re-organising the infamous cupboard under the sink- a graveyard for half empty bottles of bleach and a bottomless pit for packets of dishcloths, floorwipes and fabric conditioner.

This is what it looked like before with everything crammed in:


This inevitably lead to kitchens cleaned with fabric detergent and Dave trying to use WD-40 to wash the clothes (I exaggerate, but you get the gist).

My answer to this problem was nothing radical, but came from my new favourite bargain paradise- Poundland. For £5 I got 5 of these plastic containers:


I now have one for kitchen cleaning, one for bathroom cleaning, one for cloths, one for spare bulbs, candles and matches, and one for the other assorted odds and sods that seem to accumulate under the sink:


So there we go. At least now, everything has a place. £5 well spent if it means I spend less time hunting down the furniture polish/bleach/duster in the far corners of the cupboard!

For now, I will leave you with how beautiful an under sink cabinet can look (ahh, one day): here at iheartorganizing, or this hanging rail on Pinterest and finally or this brilliantly quirky bike sink on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment