Thursday 6 October 2011

Man Flu Cure: Carrot and Coriander Soup

This week I thought I'd do something a bit different with the leftovers from our roast chicken and make carrot and coriander soup (this is cheating a little, as I also used non-cooked carrots... but I got a super cheap big pack of Chatenay carrots, so they were leftover in that sense!)


Once the chicken had been stripped (and the leftover meat saved for a tasty curry) I put the carcass in a saucepan, covered it with water and simmered it gently for about an hour to make some chicken stock. I then fried up some onions for a couple of minutes until softened and added in a few potatoes, a handful of coriander and a bit of seasoning.  I then added about half a kilogram of carrots and the stock from the chicken (approx 1 litre) and gave it a good stir. I let this simmer for twenty minutes or so, before I removed it from the pan, blitzed it with the blender and stowed it in the freezer for a rainy day (or probably tomorrow as I think my man-friend has a touch of the man flu!) This made about 3-4 tasty portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment