Sunday 26 February 2012

Charity Shop Pan

This week is Dave's Birthday and we spent this weekend celebrating. He wanted a cooked breakfast this morning, so I couldn't resist giving him one of his presents in advance- a Tefal griddle pan. The pan is a thrifty special- £4 from a charity shop in Cirencester, a lucky find. The cheapest I've seen a new one is £17 on Amazon and much as I love Tefal pans, this seemed like a bit of a boring way to spend nearly £20 (and meant I got him other more exciting gifts instead!) It's a little scuffed around the edges, but mostly pretty good :)




I think lots of people probably turn their noses up at giving second hand gifts, but I knew Dave would like it. I think a griddle pan is the most manly piece of kitchen equipment- other than knives- I see steak and bacon as very much his domain! I know it's a cliche, but it really is the thought that counts. Plus it's nice to give gifts that are about what we do and love together- building our home and most importantly, eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment