Wednesday 28 September 2011

Flowers

This evening I finally got round to making something from Eithne Farry's beautiful book- Lovely Things to Make for Girls of Slender Means. I picked a simple project- fabric flowers, which are based on a template drawn around a mug:




With hindsight, I should have used a plain fabric, as this one is only coloured on one side, which doesn't make for such a pretty flowery effect. I haven't yet built up my fabric supplies though, which is why everything is made from this one rather bright pattern from Ikea. I would quite like to attach brooch backs to these for cute Christmas presents... watch this space.

On a separate note, whilst buying flowers may not usually be thrifty, I think that these reduced-to-45p sunflowers from the supermarket have rather brightened up our living room and so far have lasted nearly a week. When combined with the lovely sunshine we had today, it almost feels like summer again!



No comments:

Post a Comment